Thursday, January 08, 2009

Israeli troops kill U.N. truck driver at Gaza crossing

JERUSALEM — Israeli soldiers opened fire Thursday on a truck attempting to deliver humanitarian aid to the beleaguered Gaza Strip, killing one United Nations-contracted driver and seriously wounding another, U.N. officials said.

The shooting occurred at the Erez checkpoint, the main entrance used by relief agencies to funnel badly needed food and medical supplies into Gaza, where Israel is waging a devastating, 13-day-long military campaign against the militant Islamic group Hamas.

U.N. officials said that they had contracted the truck to deliver supplies into Gaza, and that the Israeli military had approved the delivery. But Israeli ground troops, which control the Erez checkpoint, fired on the truck. It wasn’t clear what caused the Israeli soldiers to open fire, and Israeli military officials weren't immediately available for comment.

Relief officials said that as a result of the shooting, Israel closed the Erez checkpoint. It was unclear whether any relief trucks would be allowed to enter Gaza on Thursday, despite what humanitarian agencies describe as a worsening humanitarian crisis.

"It's a tragic example of how impossible it’s becoming to deliver assistance here," John Ging, the top U.N. refugee official in Gaza, told the Al Jazeera television network. "We cannot continue in these circumstances where aid workers…are being killed and injured, even when they are in direct coordination with the Israeli liaison people, who are supposed to ensure their safety."
It was at least the second time in recent days that Palestinian relief workers contracted by the U.N. had been killed. On Monday, Israeli shells landed near the parking lot of a Palestinian company contracted by the U.N. World Food Program to deliver food supplies in Gaza. Two employees were killed and three severely wounded, according to WFP spokeswomen Barbara Conte, who said that the relief workers were not the target of the Israeli strike.
Nearly 700 Palestinians have died in Gaza since the conflict began, including a rapidly rising number of women and children, and nearly 3,000 have been wounded, according to Gaza health officials.

Israel planned to observe another three-hour pause in fighting Thursday afternoon to allow besieged Gaza residents — most of whom are running out of food and have had their water and electricity sources cut off due to the fighting — to emerge from their homes and collect food, cooking gas, blankets and other supplies.

But in the hours before the pause, Israeli forces continued to pound the narrow coastal territory, bombarding approximately 60 targets overnight including the homes of two leading Hamas militants.

An Israeli soldier was killed and another lightly wounded when militants fired on their brigade with an anti-tank missile during a firefight Thursday morning in central Gaza. The death marked the seventh military fatality since Israel sent ground forces into Gaza five days ago.
Also Thursday, a burst of rockets from southern Lebanon landed in northern Israel, but the Israeli military said it did not consider the attack a sign that the war in Gaza could expand.
At least three rockets landed near the Israeli town of Nahariya — one of them lightly injuring two women in a nursing home — and the Israeli military fired a volley of artillery shells back across the border in response.

The Israeli military downplayed the incident, calling it "an isolated event."
"We don’t expect there to be more" rocket fire from Lebanon, Major Avital Leibovich said.
No Lebanese group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack. Hezbollah, which fought a war with Israel in 2006 during which it lobbed more than 3,000 Russian-made Katyusha rockets into northern Israel, has condemned the war on Hamas but so far stayed on the sidelines of the conflict. Smaller pro-Palestinian militant groups in Lebanon also possess rockets.
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/251/story/59250.html

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can’t fool all the people all the time

Israeli propaganda takes international beating


Despite Israel’s propaganda campaigns on Gaza conflict, world public opinion remains critical of Tel Aviv.


TEL AVIV - Israel has taken a battering in the global media battle over its war on Gaza, despite deploying a propaganda campaign that used Youtube and blogs, experts said.

Anonymous said...

http://judicial-inc.biz/J.B.CamB_pell_2.htm

Anonymous said...

http://www.realjewnews.com/?p=359

Anonymous said...

Robert Fisk: Why do they hate the West so much, we will ask
So what will it take for Israel to stop fighting?
Deborah Orr: There wouldn't have been Gaza rockets without the blockade
Clegg urges Israel arms exports ban
Fares Akram: I heard the news... it's time to evacuate my pregnant wife
Massacre of innocents as UN school is shelled
Brown calls for international action over Gaza
So once again, Israel has opened the gates of hell to the Palestinians. Forty civilian refugees dead in a United Nations school, three more in another. Not bad for a night's work in Gaza by the army that believes in "purity of arms". But why should we be surprised?


Have we forgotten the 17,500 dead – almost all civilians, most of them children and women – in Israel's 1982 invasion of Lebanon; the 1,700 Palestinian civilian dead in the Sabra-Chatila massacre; the 1996 Qana massacre of 106 Lebanese civilian refugees, more than half of them children, at a UN base; the massacre of the Marwahin refugees who were ordered from their homes by the Israelis in 2006 then slaughtered by an Israeli helicopter crew; the 1,000 dead of that same 2006 bombardment and Lebanese invasion, almost all of them civilians?

Anonymous said...

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=CHO20090108&articleId=11680

Anonymous said...

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/world-news/2009/01/07/grisly-mass-grave-found-in-poland/with-bodies-of-1800-wwii-germans.html

Anonymous said...

Have we forgotten the 17,500 dead – almost all civilians, most of them children and women – in Israel's 1982 invasion of Lebanon; the 1,700 Palestinian civilian dead in the Sabra-Chatila massacre; the 1996 Qana massacre of 106 Lebanese civilian refugees, more than half of them children, at a UN base; the massacre of the Marwahin refugees who were ordered from their homes by the Israelis in 2006 then slaughtered by an Israeli helicopter crew; the 1,000 dead of that same 2006 bombardment and Lebanese invasion, almost all of them civilians?

08 January 2009 16:57


The Jews are the nazis they portray in the Hollywood films. The false Hollywood character of Hitler is based on Ariel Sharon.

Jews are murdering shit

Anonymous said...

The London Daily News has learned there is an informal news blackout at BBC Radio over the mounting public outrage following the Gaza incursion by Israeli troops.

According to sources, radio station phone in's have been screening out any callers wanting to talk about the Israeli air strikes and ground offensives in the Middle East.

The BBC's Have Your Say comment sites are being heavily moderated - its main board 'How can a truce be achieved in Gaza?' has had half of its 4,500 comments rejected on the basis of defamation, incitement to crime and hate, harassment, abuse, threats, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, homophobic or racially offensive language.

On the board 'Are the Israeli strikes on Gaza justified?' Half of the 5,000 comments have also been removed for breaking the House Rules stated above.

Radio ban

Producers and presenters have been told to 'stay away' from the subject despite thousands taking to the streets the past few weeks in protest and support of the military action that has seen 600 killed and just recently 40 dead from an air strike at a school.

The self imposed ban has also been reflected in commercial radio with stations like Talksport rarely wanting to broach the subject and many others clearly steering away from on-air debates on the topic. LBC has attempted to tackle the subject with on air debates.

Why?

Radio bosses are keen not to enflame the situation and leave themselves open to accusations of bias toward one side or another - the Beeb, still reeling from the Jonathan Ross affair is in no mood for any controversy.

Also there is a responsible editorial reason behind the scaling back of listener comment.

Today we reported on the increase of anti-Semitism on London’s streets, the attempted torching of a Synagogue, 24 attacks in total and the appearance of sickening graffiti saying "Kill Jews" and "Jews are scumbags" across the city.

By taking the heat out of the debate it cools an already charged atmosphere, though that will have no effect on the most agitated and likely to let their feelings spill out on the street in direct action.

The denying of debate in a public forum such as the BBC could also leave organisations open to accusations of curtailing freedom of expression.

Anonymous said...

When you see the terrible scenes from Gaza, witness the war crimes, just try to imagine (you can't) but try to imagine what they women and children of Dresden and Colonge went through.
Up to a 100,000 mainly women and children, pensioners, were killed in each of these cities in one night.
The people responsible for these war crimes in my opinion are the same kind who are committing these war crimes today.

Anonymous said...

Zionist Senate supports Israel's Gaza incursion

WASHINGTON, Jan 8 (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate voiced strong support on Thursday for Israel's battle against Hamas militants in Gaza, while urging a ceasefire that would prevent Hamas from launching any more rockets into Israel.

The chamber agreed on a voice vote to the non-binding resolution co-sponsored by Democratic and Republican party leaders in the chamber.

"When we pass this resolution, the United States Senate will strengthen our historic bond with the state of Israel,

Anonymous said...

http://www.rense.com/general84/trial.htm

Anonymous said...

8th January 2009

MEN CONVICTED OF RACE HATE CRIMES

Two men have convicted of publishing "obnoxious and abhorrent" racist material.

Simon Sheppard, 51 of Brook Street, Selby and Stephen Whittle 41, of Avenham Lane, Preston, have been found guilty of a number of offences.

A trial at Leeds Crown Court heard they printed leaflets and controlled websites featuring racist material.

The pair, who are currently in the hands of US Immigartion authorities will be sentenced in March.

(Laws created by Aliens to enslave white men)

behind blue eyes said...

They are God's 'Chosen People' and as such they can kill at will with impunity and without emotion and conscience.

The Zionists holy book The Talmud tells them they have a religious obligation to lie to, cheat, deceive, rob and murder non- Jews (Goyim) at every opportune moment. Non-Jews are regarded as cattle and its their divine right to rule over the world.

Every evil and pervese ideology and philosophy conjured up over the last couple of centuries by these Black Magician servants of Satan can be traced back to this book. Marxism, Socialism, Communism its all there in black and white.

Anonymous said...

uaf are quite on this subject. I wonder if they realise jews are scum or perhaps they don't want to upset there mussy members

Anonymous said...

Is it true that Griffin is meeting with Arieh Eldad?

What a morning……pffft… 8:00am. I made a snowman. 8:10 A feminist passed by and asked me why I hadn’t made a snow woman. 8:15 I made a s...